Add Reply

birthdays suck, briah
violet mckinley
 Posted: May 26 2015, 09:14 PM
toxxic
YOU CAN CALL ME

21 YEARS OLD
alt model
Every memory comes on when I hear that old song that we used to sing With the words all wrong. I remember the faces and familiar places and I sing along.

I'VE GOT A ( BLANK SPACE ) BABY & I'LL WRITE ( YOUR NAME )
This was really the last place Violet wanted to be today. But, it was her fathers birthday. She couldn't exactly pass up on that. It wouldn't have been so bad if it had just been family, but he had to go invite colleagues and business partners. Basically it meant the house was filled with people Vi didn't know and didn't feel like trying to impress. After maybe ten minutes of hanging around, she said fuck it and headed upstairs. No one would really notice she was gone anyway. She'd just sneak back down later when it was close to the end of the night.

Her father hadn't been completely thrilled with her as of late anyway. She'd been dying her hair and dressing this way for a few years now. It didn't please him much to see his daughter dressing in a similar style to her trouble-making older brother. She liked it, though, and made a career out of it. She was sure some part of daddy was proud that she was going to be successful, but still ever disappointed she didn't want anything to do with the family business. Construction? Ew. Vi would rather be hanging out with famous celebs she met through her job, not in charge of the people who build their houses. Sure, you probably still got to hang out with them but she wanted fun, not business.

There were three other siblings that could take over the business anyway, so what did he need her for? Being the youngest at 21, she was sort of expected to rebel. So instead of showing up to the party in a nice formal or sort of fancy dress, she came in high waist jeans and a top, paired with a faux leather jacket. Maybe if she disappointed him enough with her life choices he'd give up on trying to convince her to be a part of it. Not that she really enjoyed disappointing her father. She was just tired of that being the only thing they ever talked about. She loved everyone in her family, it just got tiring fast. So here she was now, in a spare bedroom upstairs hoping no one actually would notice the girl with bright pink hair wasn't there. Now that she thought about it, she was sure someone would notice. But hopefully mom and dad would be too busy trying to impress their friends than to notice she had run off.

OUTFIT | WOO
TEMPLATE BY MINNIE OF SHINE
PM
^
briah mckinley
 Posted: May 27 2015, 12:05 AM
Kay
YOU CAN CALL ME

24 YEARS OLD
Unemployed
"We live on the cusp of death thinkin' that it won't be us."

”I’m sure you didn’t even try to make it here on time. It’s ridiculous Briah. For once can’t you just respect him enough to give a damn about him for a day rather than yourself? I don’t even…” Briah had stepped through the door merely five minutes prior, and before he could even get himself comfortable…his brother had pounced. It’s what happened when he and his brother were within ten feet of each other though. If one wasn’t yelling, the other one was. Luckily though, Briah had evolved over the years and developed a special skill called tuning out. Before his brother could finish his rant, Briah caught sight of his mother and made a beeline for her.

The woman, as always, gave a cordial greeting to her son with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Then the preplanned dialogue began. Simple ’How have you been?’s and ’What have you been doing?’s. Never anything too inquisitive. Nothing that would bring up how he’s really been, or what he’s really been doing. Their conversations were simply repetitive short films played at every family gathering to show some kind of proper interaction. When the conversation grew dull, his mother gave a curt ‘excuse me’ and headed off to flaunt her over extravagant green dress off to some people in the living room. As Briah watched her go his eyes caught a matching pair through the crowd of people. It took everything for him not to drive his gaze to the ground. It always took everything, but he always managed to stand his ground in the disappointing light of his father’s gaze. Able to shove off whatever animosity the man had for him and act as if it didn’t bother him. It’s what he did. It’s how he survived these situations. That and some extra help which he suddenly felt the need for now.

The moment Harrison McKinley’s eyes averted from his son’s, Briah took a deep and shaky breath realizing that the heavy bump he took before this party was not nearly enough to get him through it. He glanced around the place realizing that they had once again rearranged the house until he found the stairs. Quickly he made his way up knowing that everyone here would be enjoying the party downstairs and he would be able to enjoy the privacy to do whatever he damned well pleased upstairs. Hastily, Briah grabbed ahold of the knob of a guest room and yanked it open, hand already diving into the pocket of his gray skinny jeans for the little baggie calling his name. Just as he began to close the door, he realized that he wasn’t alone at all. The man slowed his previous hast, slipping his hand from his pocket hesitantly leaving his personal stash hidden within. His hand was still on the doorknob as if waiting for her to reject his presence. He swallowed heavily and pressed his lips before speaking. ”Hey, sis.”

- JENNA -
PMAIM
^
violet mckinley
 Posted: Jun 19 2015, 03:58 AM
toxxic
YOU CAN CALL ME

21 YEARS OLD
alt model
Every memory comes on when I hear that old song that we used to sing With the words all wrong. I remember the faces and familiar places and I sing along.

I'VE GOT A ( BLANK SPACE ) BABY & I'LL WRITE ( YOUR NAME )
Vi wasn't sure how long she had been upstairs now. An hour? Two? She was mostly just staring off into space, not finding much entertainment on her phone. She could hear the voices downstairs, though nothing distinct. She then heard footsteps, hoping it was just someone looking for a bathroom. What if it was someone looking for her? Another one of her siblings? She was in a spare room, but who knew. It could even be a guest wanting to snoop. She heard them get closer and hoped they weren't heading her way. There really was nowhere for her to hide. And then, as if the universe wanted her to get caught, the door opened. But the person who stepped through took her by surprise.

"I guess we had the same idea." She said, staring straight at her brother. The brother who she hadn't spoken to in a year. The brother who she called 911 for when he was overdosing. It was a weird feeling. She was still a little mad that he got to that point, mad that he nearly killed himself and it seemed like he didn't care. She was worried as well, and no matter how much she wanted to forget she just couldn't. She cared too much about him. It sucked not having him in her life, but she got clean. Violet didn't want to fall back into that lifestyle and she knew her brother could be convincing if he wanted to be. After all, he was the reason she started in the first place.

She played with her hair, not really sure what to say at this point. Honestly she hadn't even expected Briah to show up let alone come upstairs and hide in the exact same room. To be fair, it was one of the first doors. It wasn't like she had meticulously picked which room to hide in. She cleared her throat and hugged her knees to her chest. "I hope you didn't come up here to pop some pills or something." She said, hoping he would admit to being sober now but knowing that was unlikely.

OUTFIT | WOO
TEMPLATE BY MINNIE OF SHINE
PM
^
briah mckinley
 Posted: Aug 12 2015, 04:09 AM
Kay
YOU CAN CALL ME

24 YEARS OLD
Unemployed
"We live on the cusp of death thinkin' that it won't be us."

A weak smile snuck its way over his lips at her comment. ”I guess we did.” It reminded him of when they were younger. When the two of them still lived in the same household as their father and step mother and they had no choice but to attend these awful parties. They would stick by each other’s side, not straying too far for fear of getting lost in the mass of pretentious guests. Eventually they would grow tired of the people, and when their father was too busy talking business they would flee the scene and find a little corner to smoke a bowl or sneak a bottle in. It became a regular thing with them and though their other siblings eventually caught on to their disappearing acts, they were often too busy making their own business plans with future clients. Those days had ended when Briah had begun pushing her away when she seemed to be getting too deep into the rebellious acts. After that he just stopped attending the parties. Finding ridiculous excuses, or just not showing up at all.

The air between them seemed to be stretching farther and farther. Filling with nothing but the awkward sense of disconnection. This was the first time Briah had seen her in a year and he didn’t know what to say. For a long while there they were brother and sister; best friends. Now he felt like they were complete strangers. He subconsciously brought his arms slowly up to his chest and crossed them, feeling suddenly small with her inquisition. He pressed his lips and let his gaze fall anywhere but his sister’s eyes, an air of defensiveness filling his voice. ”No. No pills.” Briah wasn’t lying. He wasn’t carrying pills at the moment. He figured that that would be what she was thinking about. That was the last time they’d spoken. When he’d overdosed on pills. It still didn’t bother him any less that she’d brought it up though. ”Why are you up here? Smoking something?”

- JENNA -
PMAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

skinned by merc @ caution& custom stats script by black