Add Reply

Lie a Little Better, tagged : keegan
vivianna warrick
 Posted: Aug 5 2015, 02:19 AM
Jessie
YOU CAN CALL ME

22 YEARS OLD
stripper
Losing friends and I'm chasing sleep Everybody's worried about me In too deep Say I'm in too deep (in too deep) And it's been two years I miss my home But there's a fire burning in my bones Still believe Yeah, I still believe And all those things I didn't say Wrecking balls inside my brain I will scream them loud tonight Can you hear my voice this time?

Viv had been going stir crazy in the house so she figured that she would go and visit Avery while he was at work. She assumed he would be getting close to lunch time now but she wasn’t too sure. After sliding into her heels, she grabbed her purse and keys before heading over to the music shop. She had been out most of the week from the fact that she had a bruised up hand that she would not go to the doctors for even though she knows she should.

Once the car was parked, she tossed her sunglasses on before leaving the car. Walking into the store that was practically dead since there wasn’t a lot of sound going on, viv started to walk around with a smile on her face. She didn’t wear make up today as she had been crying almost all morning over the fact that she had just read an article from her hometown about her father being killed in jail so she needed a pick her up.

“Come on out bab-“she started to say as she looked for avery but stopped when she saw someone other than him.
PMEmail
^
keegan alexander
 Posted: Aug 10 2015, 12:32 PM
han
YOU CAN CALL ME

25 YEARS OLD
music shop employee
we kissed like we invented it.

Keegan had definitely lucked out; his boss was known to be a hardass, and he was pretty sure that he'd been fired simply because he was disliked, but a little grovelling on his part had gotten him his job back at the shop. Of course, he was only hired back on a part-time basis for now, but Valerie's salary was more than enough to pay the rent on their apartment, so the money he was making was being tucked away to save for diapers and the like. But diapers apparently cost a lot of money, and since Val was technically still a student, she wouldn't get paid very much during her maternity leave -- so Keegan hoped to earn his way back into his boss' good graces so that he'd be allowed full-time status once again.

Crouching down low to stock some of the old records on a shelf, Keegan hardly registered the tinkling sound of the bell as the door opened for a customer. He was the only one working, for now, because his friend Avery had just left for his lunch break. As footsteps grew closer, Keegan glanced behind him, noticing it was Vivianna who had come into the room. Without thinking, he stood up, looking a bit like a deer caught in headlights. "Hey," he said cautiously, brown eyes wide as he stared at the girl. "Looking for Avery? He just went on break."

PM
^
vivianna warrick
 Posted: Aug 14 2015, 10:39 PM
Jessie
YOU CAN CALL ME

22 YEARS OLD
stripper
Losing friends and I'm chasing sleep Everybody's worried about me In too deep Say I'm in too deep (in too deep) And it's been two years I miss my home But there's a fire burning in my bones Still believe Yeah, I still believe And all those things I didn't say Wrecking balls inside my brain I will scream them loud tonight Can you hear my voice this time?

Standing there, she couldn’t help but have her heart hurt a little bit. She thought that she could trust this man that was standing in front of her but somehow he seemed so different than when she first met him. She swallowed as she looked down at the ground because looking at Keegan was too much. Her mind raced back to the time he first came knocking on the front door to the time that she and him were kissing that drunkly night. She bites her lip for a moment before she even dared to look at the man in front of her. She took a deep breath.

“oh…” She said as she nodded her head. Her body began to turn around to leave but she stopped and turned back looked at him. A part of her wanted to run out of this store but she didn’t want to always be that person that ran from everything. She wanted to be better and be different. Someone who didn’t run and hide every time conflict came about was the type of person she wanted to become.

“Thanks I guess I missed him. And you probably don’t know where he went do you?”

PMEmail
^
keegan alexander
 Posted: Aug 15 2015, 03:06 AM
han
YOU CAN CALL ME

25 YEARS OLD
music shop employee

Vivianna had already turned on her heel to leave after hardly saying two words to Keegan. The tension in the air was palpable, and it wasn't hard to see why: they'd slept together, and then Keegan had promptly stopped answering Viv's calls and texts. And it wasn't because he hadn't liked her, or anything. In reality, he thought she was a really nice girl, and if they'd met a few months earlier maybe something would've happened between them. But the way that things had transpired, he'd been getting to know two girls at the same time, and one of them had won over his heart... and it hadn't been Vivianna. Sure, he felt a little guilty about ignoring her like that, but after such an emotional confession to Valerie that he'd been with someone else, and then becoming 'official' with her, it seemed like the smartest choice to cut off all contact with Viv, for the sake of his new relationship.

That had been a little over four months ago, and Keegan had managed to completely avoid Vivianna in that time. A lot had happened in those four months: for the both of them, it seemed, since Viv had gone from practically detesting Avery to practically dating him. b]"Uhh, he didn't say, I don't think,"[/b] Keegan shrugged, putting down the record he had in his hands. "My guess'd be the taco shop around the corner?" Keegan pointed in the direction where Viv would be able to find it once she exited the store. "Or, I know sometimes he goes into the back alley to smoke, but you probably would've seen him there on your way in."

That was when he noticed her hand. It was bruised pretty badly, and despite the fact that Keegan had done an asshole-ish thing in blowing off Viv after they'd had sex, he wasn't actually a complete asshole, and seeing her hurt worried him. "Hey, are you okay?" he asked with a frown, his eyes lingering on her hand.

PM
^
vivianna warrick
 Posted: Aug 15 2015, 03:26 AM
Jessie
YOU CAN CALL ME

22 YEARS OLD
stripper

Listening to him tell her where Avery could possibly be, made her realize that he was just as uncomfortable as she was. She wanted to tell the man that she forgave him that yes it hurt what happened but she forgave him. But for some reason she couldn’t find the words which is normally odd because vivianna can usually always find the words and now here she is completely blank on what to say.

“I didn’t see him smoking so he probably went to get food…” She said as she nodded her head. Pulling her cell phone out with her good hand as her bad one dangled down, she noticed that she probably wouldn’t have be able to find him right away anyways. They always had this habit of missing each other which was always so odd to her. Keegan and her not being able to run into each other were probably because Viv made sure to stay far away from him as possible. She didn’t want to see him or hear his voice because she didn’t know if she would be hurt or upset or what. After her hand slid the phone back into her purse pocket, she heard him mention her hand. Her light eyes looked from him and then to her hand.

“I was at work and Avery came to talk to me at work about a fight we had… A fight we had because of me... But umm Well my bouncer told me to go to avery who said he would double the pay. So I left the guy I was with to go to avery… that asshole, not avery, thought it was cute to grab me and tell me what to do at work…. So I punched him. I got tired of not being respected.” She said with a nod of her head. Slowly she tried to flex her hand that was changing colors and swollen. Avery and she had plans to go to the doctors to get it looked like. In the mean time she had other things on her mind. But her green eyes looked back over to Keegan who she missed. She didn’t quite realize it but she did miss him.

PMEmail
^
keegan alexander
 Posted: Aug 17 2015, 05:18 PM
han
YOU CAN CALL ME

25 YEARS OLD
music shop employee

He hadn't expected her to give him such a lengthy and specific answer to his question. It was almost as if Vivianna had sensed that Keegan was worried -- not only about Viv's hand, but worried that perhaps Avery had been the culprit in putting the bruises there. Which was a silly thought to have; Avery could be a bit too wild for Keegan's taste at times, but he wasn't exactly an aggressor. He didn't know why he had automatically assumed the worst, but it was good to know that the scenario playing in his head had not been the culprit of her injury.

"Oh," Keegan responded with a stark nod of his head. "Well, that's good, I guess. Not that the guy was being an asshole, just that you stood up for yourself." Keegan's hand reached up to scratch uncomfortably along the side of his face. "No one deserves to be treated that way, especially you." Because Vivianna was a nice, friendly girl and didn't deserve to be treated like shit. Then again, Keegan had treated her that way as well, albeit inadvertently, hadn't he? He had never meant to hurt her, but deep down he'd known when he ignored all of her attempted contact that his actions were going to hurt her. At the time, he'd just been much more concerned with keeping his relationship with Valerie in a good place. Now, he was realizing the error of his ways -- he should have at least explained things to Vivianna so that she'd understand.

"You don't deserve to be treated the way I treated you either," Keegan admitted aloud, his hand now resting on the back of his neck, fingers gripping it tightly to try and quell some of his anxiety. He didn't want her to be angry with him, but he was sure that she couldn't be very happy about the way he'd acted. Keegan wasn't sure how much she knew -- how much Avery had decided to tell her. Maybe she knew everything, and maybe she knew nothing -- but the fact of the matter was that he'd been a jerk towards her, no matter what the reason had been. "I'm sorry I was such a shithead." he sighed. "I guess I just... made a bad call."

PM
^
vivianna warrick
 Posted: Aug 19 2015, 09:19 PM
Jessie
YOU CAN CALL ME

22 YEARS OLD
stripper

Listening him talk made her eyes from the fear of crying but at the same time she notices the nervousness in his voice. Her eyes opened up startled by the fact he said especially her. Not knowing what to really say all she could think of was did he really mean this or did he want to hurt her. Standing there she licked her lips after swallowing some as her nervousness was starting to build. In her mind she imagined this scene to play off very differently. She imagined herself screaming at him and trying to hit him letting him know exactly how much pain she had went through. But here she stood fine granted a little nervous but no aggression was filling her heart and veins. Watching his hand move up to his neck, made her heart ache as she realized how bad he felt. She knew him enough to know that he was not okay with the things that he did.

Staying up nights trying to reach out to him, and the long periods of missing talking to him had really hurt Viv mostly because she felt so alone and he was her person. He was her best friend and it seemed like no matter what she was mad yes but she could not be mad for long. Viv wanted to go over and give him a huge hug to comfort him but at the same time she couldn’t help but wonder what he was sorry for. There was so much that had happened and didn’t happen between the two of them that she didn’t know what he was really calling the bad call. Her head tilted to the side some with her eyes looking down as she thought about how to approach this. Should she brush it away or will her curiosity get the best of her.

“Bad call…. So was that sleeping with me?” She asked him while her green brown eyes glanced up at him. “Or the telling Avery about sleeping with me that led to him and I not talking…” She asked as she watched him for a moment. “Or was it the not talking to me when I needed you…” She was trying so hard to keep her voice calm but she could feel a little anger building as she began to remember how much she felt alone. When she was around Keegan she felt normal like she was just some girl not some stripper.

PMEmail
^
keegan alexander
 Posted: Aug 20 2015, 12:19 AM
han
YOU CAN CALL ME

25 YEARS OLD
music shop employee

“Bad call…. So was that sleeping with me?”

Oh, shit. Clearly using the words 'bad call' was a... well, a bad call. He really should have specified what he was talking about when he said the 'way he acted,' because clearly it had been left too open to interpretation, and now things were getting way skewed out of proportion. Okay, so if he went back in time and got a do-over, he probably wouldn't have drunkenly hooked up with Vivianna, not because he necessarily regretted them being together, but because his actions had come awfully close to messing up his chances with Valerie, and he honestly couldn't imagine his life without Val. Having sex with Viv while wasted probably wasn't the best call he'd ever made in his life, but that hadn't at all been what he meant. "No, I--" he began, but he was cut off.

“Or the telling Avery about sleeping with me that led to him and I not talking…”.

Fuck. Had he really messed up that, too? That hadn't been his intention at all; though when he was talking to Avery about it he'd definitely been a bit more cocky than necessary, and Avery had been less than pleased. Maybe he ought to just stay away from mind-altering substances, because he'd been drunk when he slept with Viv and high when he'd bragged to Avery about it... and everything seemed to be falling apart in front of him. A worried expression etched into his face, Keegan could do nothing but shake his head, unable to form the words to express himself with the guilt building up inside his gut.

“Or was it the not talking to me when I needed you…”

Keegan looked up at her, his brown eyes filled with worry. It was clear that Viv was upset with him, and over more things than just one... he never should've roped her into all of this. Or he should have at least granted her the courtesy of having an explanation as to why they couldn't be together. "Yeah," he said softly, downcasting his eyes again. "It was that..." Keegan swallowed at the lump forming in his throat, but it did no good. "Viv," he sighed. He didn't want to press his luck with her, but she also deserved an explanation. "I guess I shouldn't've done any of that. I didn't mean to lead you on, or make you feel bad or anything, I just.--" he shrugged his shoulders. "I dunno, I just... fell in love with her." Little did he know, Avery had told Viv that he knew about their prior sexcapades, but he hadn't bothered to mention anything about Keegan and Valerie.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

skinned by merc @ caution& custom stats script by black